HomeMy Etsy ShopPine Needle BasketsKnitting/CrochetMy Travels

Wednesday, June 17, 2015

More Pine Needle Pendants


More Pine Needle Pendants are finished!

 
I love to knit and crochet, but another passion (yes, I have a few :-) is creating baskets and jewelry using southern long leaf pine needles. 
 
When the weather gets hot (and it's in the high 90's here!) I seem to lean toward a cooler craft.  Creating with pine needles seems to satisfy my creative urge.  At least until a knit or crochet pattern comes along that I just can't resist.


For these pendants, large semi-precious cabochons are surrounded by several rows of pine needles.


Each one unique in its own way


I love the colors and designs in the stones.  Some look like cameos.


Black onyx to red jasper


Conversation pieces for sure!





Thank you to my dear friends that have made purchases. 
It warms my heart to send money from the purchase of my baskets and pendants
to be used for missions.

 
 
All are currently available in my Etsy Shop Pine Designs
 
Stop back soon.  Baskets are coming!
 
 
Until next time~
 
Terri

9 comments:

  1. Wow these are terrific. Do you gather your pine needles from nature or purchase them? Either way these are great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes, I am fortunate to have lots of Southern long leaf pine trees nearby and so I gather the needles each fall. It's back breaking fun:-)

      Delete
  2. Your work is, as always, exquisite!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I especially love the pink and green pendant. It reminds me of paintings by Monet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Una, It does resemble a Monet. I didn't notice that before. Just liked the mix of colors.

      Delete
  4. These are just sooo beautiful! ...I've never seen anything like this before! Have a fun weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow! Those are so pretty. Hard to believe it's pine needles. You photographed them so beautifully, too. Best wishes, Tammy

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!