HomeMy Etsy ShopPine Needle BasketsKnitting/CrochetMy Travels

Monday, October 19, 2015

A Tisket A Tasket a Pine Needle Basket


 
 A Tisket A Tasket, a Pine Needle Basket
 
 
Welcome to my newest collection of pine needle baskets - In my ETSY shop now!

The beauty of nature
reflected in each
delightful basket...


this one highlighted in green...
 

 smell the subtle fragrance of pine needles.
 

Each long leaf pine needle is hand picked,
selected only if it is straight and long.
 

A basket starts with its base.
A slice of agate preserved in acrylic... 
 
  
a design from a mix of polymer clay...
 

each and every base is unique
and original as is the basket designed around it.


The base determines what the basket
will look like.


Will it be round?
What color thread will I pick?
Should there be accents?
 

Stitch after stitch...
coil after coil...
hour after hour...
 
 
Bright colors ... bright accents.
 

Special stitches for
a special touch,


and add to the beauty and uniqueness
of each and every piece.
 



 
Sometimes a palette of neutral 
 

is all that is needed.
 


 

A hint of pale green needles
and a golden leaf in the center.
 


There is only one
of each basket.
 
The time I spend making them
create an attachment,
and I want to keep them all...
 
 
 
but you can find them here...
 
 ~   ~   ~   ~   ~

A-tisket, a-tasket,
A green and yellow basket;
 I sent a letter to my love
And on the way I dropped it. 


I dropped it, I dropped it.
Yes on the way I dropped it;
A little girlie picked it up
And put it in her pocket.

She was truckin' on down the avenue
With not a single thing to do;
She went peck, peck, peckin' all around,
When she spied it on the ground

She took it, she took it,
The letter from my basket;
And if she doesn't bring it back
I think that I will die'


~   ~   ~   ~   ~
 
Until Next Time ~
Terri

4 comments:

  1. Terri, they are all so gorgeous. Well done.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terri, you do such lovely work! I personally favor the neutral/green/earthtone designs, but your skill is clear in each and every basket! Just wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful baskets. I like everyone of them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What you do with pine needles just blows me away! Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!